It amazes me that these two pictures are only a year and a half apart. I always say that time goes by so fast, but I don't even realize it until I look at pictures. My first born is growing into a handsome young man and I can't stop it. Really, I wouldn't want to stop it, but on days like today I would like to slow it down just a little.
So, that being said there are many things I love about Daniel. Here are just a few:
1. I love that Daniel loves the Lord and actively seeks after Him.
2. I love that Daniel loves church and even on mornings that I am lazy and stay home, he always goes.
3. I love that I will be in one room and from the other room (out of the blue) I will here Daniel yell "Love you Mom".
4. I love that Daniel keeps me on my toes with random thoughts that he has. Crazy out of left field thoughts that he just throws out.
5. I love to hear Daniel practice his guitar......constantly!!
6. I love that Daniel will see things around the house and do them....without being told.
7. I love that Daniel has the memory that having three children has stolen from me. He is better than any organizer/calendar that I could keep.
8. I love that Daniel loves tradition. There are certain things that are family times: major football games, New Years Eve, Wolves sports events. He doesn't feel the need to be with his friends during those things.
9. I love that Daniel is comfortable talking to anyone. On Sunday morning before church starts, you are just as likely to find him talking to people his grandpa's age as the younger crowd.
10. I love that even though he is as tall as me, he will still crawl up in my lap and hug me. (Don't tell his friends.)
There are so many other things that I could share, but you don't want the whole list. And I have things I need to get done.
It seems like yesterday that he was born, and it feels like I only have til tomorrow and he will be completely grown......gotta go. There's someone I need to go hug!!
Savannah turned 9 on the 19th. I can't believe my baby is growing up. Soon she will hit the double digits and then it just goes faster and faster. Savannah got a movie from Chandler. A puzzle from Daniel. It is High School Musical 3. OH Troy! Your so cute!!!! More High School Musical stuff. Trench coat on her back....tape on her foot!! My beautiful baby girl!
All of you Moms with little ones, please remember that it goes by so fast! Enjoy every minute that you have with your little ones. Soon you will be having fun taking them to all of their games and practices and camps. It is a great also, but so different than the times with them as babies.
P.S.I know that it seems like all of my blogs have been about Savannah. She has been so busy with activities lately. I will make it up to the boys soon.
It was 18 years ago today that I married my best friend. We had a relationship unlike many others. We really did start out as friends for several years. Then we were separated for 8 months on different mission trips. After that we knew that we did not want to live without each other. Through all of the blessings and trials (and there have been many of both), I still know that I don't want to be without him. He is still the person that I want to grow old with. He can make me laugh, make me cry, and make me mad faster than any person I know. Life has been an adventure so far and I look forward to as many years as God gives us. Thank you Dwight for 3 beautiful kids and the best life I could ever imagine.
We have a star football player in our family, and the funny thing is it isn't one of the boys. Savannah is playing for the Dalhart Youth Football League. She is a wide receiver and let me tell you she is fast. She made the first touchdown for her team in the first game. None of the boys can catch her. She told me it wasn't too hard to run fast with 9 boys chasing her. I told her she better get used to it. : )
I am a blessed woman. I have a wonderful husband and three great kids. I am privileged to be able to stay home and teach my boys here. My daughter goes to a Christian Academy. I love my life and my family makes me proud and fills my life with laughter on a daily basis. I have been reading blogs for a while now and I hope to share the fun and trials that we go through with all of you as you have shared with me.